Heavenly chocolate desserts for the holiday season
You can’t say “holiday season” without saying “dinner parties”. And, of course, a heavenly dessert can’t be missing. Do you love chocolate and do you like to end your meals with a little sweet dish? Then we have two perfect recipes for you. One for a traditional chocolate cake with frosting and festive decoration, one for delicious brownies with coconut.
1) A traditional chocolate cake with festive decoration
During the holiday season, you can treat your guests to a little something extra. That’s why we are making a chocolate cake with not one, but two layers. Your guests will be absolutely wowed! Start off by making two round cakes that you can stack.
For each cake, you need:
- A round spring form cake tin
- 200 gr of dark chocolate
- 200 gr of granulated sugar
- 200 gr of unsalted butter
- 200 gr of self-rising flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
For the frosting:
- 125 gr of dark chocolate
- 60 gr of unsalted butter
- 100 gr of icing sugar
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a bain-marie.
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar and poor in the chocolate mixture.
- Add the flour to the mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and use a spatula to mix them with the chocolate blend.
- Put the mixture in a preheated oven of 160°C for 35–40 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can make your frosting. Again, melt the chocolate and butter over a bain-marie and add the icing sugar while stirring.
When everything is ready, you can cut the top layer cake in the desired size. Stack the cakes and cover them with chocolate frosting. As a finishing touch, go for typical Christmas colours: green mint leaves and red berries or raspberries. Or you can decorate each layer with chocolates as an original finishing. A little bit of icing sugar tops it all off!
2) Chocolate-coconut fudge for a tropical Christmas
Outside temperatures may be dropping below zero, but these chocolate-coconut fudge will add a tropical vibe to your holidays!
This is what you need:
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 300 g of dark chocolate
- 100 - 150 g of Ovidias coconut chocolates
And this is how you make them:
- First, heat up the condensed milk in a little pan and add the chocolate while stirring. It’s best to chop up the chocolate in smaller pieces before adding it.
- After that, chop up the coconut chocolates and add them to the mixture.
- Poor the chocolate mixture in a kettle and heat it up.
- Poor everything in a dish and let the brownies cool for at least 3 hours. After that you can finally have a bite!
To make the fudge completely Christmas proof, finish them with some grated coconut and little Christmas figurines.
The whole Ovidias team wishes you happy holidays!