Oatmeal cookies with Ovidias speculoos chocolates
In a previous blogpost, we talked about combining chocolate with unusual ingredients such as cheese, beer and avocado. And it’s no surprise that you can prepare some really good desserts with our chocolates! That’s why today, we want to share with you a unique recipe for oatmeal cookies with Ovidias speculoos chocolates.
Ingredients you need to get started:
- 140g oats
- 100g white flour
- 100g butter (liquid)
- 2 Stevia based sweetener sticks
- 100g speculoos chocolates in milk chocolate
- 100g speculoos chocolates in dark chocolate
- A few drops of vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- Optional: 60g dates or raisins
1. Combine oats, flour, sugar and butter in a large bowl or a food processor.
2. Carefully scoop the soft speculoos filling out of the chocolates and keep it separated. Later on, we will use it as a filling for the cookies.
3. Chop the chocolate into little chunks and add them to the bowl.
4. Remove the pits from the dates, chop the dates and also put them in the bowl.
5. Poor a few drops of vanilla essence in the bowl and, eventually, add the egg.
6. Let the food processor do its job or knead the dough with your hands.
7. Cover a baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
8. Roll the dough into balls the size of a golf ball (if the dough is too crumbly, add a bit of lukewarm water), flatten them in the palm of your hand and push with your finger in the middle to form a little dimple.
9. With a spoon, put some of the speculoos filling in every dimple and carefully bring together the edges of the cookie, closing in the filling.
10. Make sure the filling can’t get out and put the cookies on the baking pan. Leave enough room between the cookies, as they will spread a little while baking.
11. Bake the cookies for 15-30 minutes, depending on your oven, on 160°C. Turn them over halfway through baking.
12. Take the cookies out of the oven, put them on a plate and let them cool before eating them.